Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2004, 02:46 PM   #233 (permalink)
David Frost
Music Addict

"Congress thought Hussein was a threat"

Because they were under the assumption that Iraq HAD WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION that were capable of doing damage to not only our country, but our allies (Saudi Arabia.. ect). Immediately following the invasion of Afghanistan, it was also believed by many people that Saddam was directly related to 9/11. why did they think this, the president stated it.

" CONGRESS CAN STOP A WAR AT ANY TIME"
We never officially declared war with Iraq. we havent been officially at war since Pearl Harbor and WW2. But even if you totally disregard that, your wonderful commander and cheif declared that major military operations in iraq were over and we won the war in iraq. if this is true, why has the american military death toll risen so much?

"Mr. 'The Constitution isn't Important'"

and where does this come from? why do you think that i dont believe that the constitution isnt important? you are the one supporting a man that tried to ruin the constitution by making an amendment to ban *** marriage. and if he is elected he will override roe v. wade.

"I believe that North Korea is a problem." North Korea was a bigger threat before 9/11. they were bigger before the war in iraq. they are a bigger threat now. how much more are we going to need untill something happens? do you or do you not agree that Iran, North Korea, even Saudi Arabia pose bigger threats than Iraq at the time. if you dont, you have been watching to much fox tv.

"If a President loses the election (especially a President as popular with the military as Bush)...who is to make him leave office? He is still the Commander-in-Chief, control of the armed services. If he took control of the troops, who is going to make him leave? "

this is just a scary thing to think about. but you know what, i think bush would love it. he has said on several occasions on television that it would be ALOT easier to lead a dictatorship. and with the voting situation in florida, and many parts of the patriot act, racial and ethnic profiling, and attempting to change the constitution.. i would have to say he is on his way.

But, i have heard that if Bush is re-elected, many people are planning on ruining his inauguration (much like last time, but much worse).

People dont understand, for many this is not a Kerry v Bush election... its a Bush v Anyone not Bush. we have seen what bush can do, and quite frankly... i cant take 4 more years of misleading, ruining an economy, and leading our youth to death.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamAlejo
And to think that just because you are a citizen you deserve certain rights is ridiculous.
David Frost is offline   Reply With Quote