Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-30-2004, 05:39 PM   #235 (permalink)
IamAlejo
Muck Fusic

Congress thought Hussein was a threat with or without Nuclear weapons. A majority of Congress who "believed" they had WMD's, believed this before Bush stated his ideas of where the WMD's where, etc.

We actually did vote to go to War on Terror, not Afghanistan. That included Iraq. Yes, the war is being funded completely by Congress. They could stop in when they please. And again, the death toll is risen because instead of putting down the Iraqis like we should, we try to appease people like you who would cry their eyes out if "innocent" Iraqis were killed. The same "innocent" Iraqis that are using car bombs every day to attack our troops.

I do support the banning of *** marriages to tell you the truth. Our country, while not fully supporting one religious belief, was founded on religious belief. Marriage is stated as a bonding between a man and a woman. I don't see it as ruining the Constitution at all. Do you think the people who wrote it would support *** marriages?

I agree that Saudi Arabia and North Korea are HUGE problems, but there are also HUGE difficulties with going into these countries. I don't really see us attacking either of these without a complete UN backing (which I don't think there is any way we get anytime soon...I don't really like the UN anyway, and I think NATO should have been done with some time ago)

David, we all know that Bush wouldn't do what I just stated, it was just a thought. A very interesting one I believe. It could be done quite easily.

If Bush is re-elected, I think people "ruining" his inauguration are retarded, and will probably end up being jailed and fined. I also think the whole "Anybody but Bush" thing is the most retarded thing ever. Just because someone is bad (and I admit, Bush is not the greatest thing since sliced bread) you should have a reason to vote for someone other than "it's not him". How do you know you are not putting someone else in office that is even worse. If you look at Kerry's record, it is not impressive at all. I believe that Bush will win the election on Tuesday, and I think chaos does occur...some places.

Franscar, I know what it would be, nor do I want to live in one. But it's amazing how easily it could be done by a President, and how based on trust it hasn't happened in 150+ years.