Music Banter - View Single Post - Suggestions for a 14yr old rock fan pleeeease
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2021, 02:55 AM   #254 (permalink)
Eleanor Rigby 14
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psy-Fi View Post

The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds (1966)

I'm guessing you've most likely already heard this one but, if not, it's right up there with albums like 'Odessey and Oracle' and 'Forever Changes.'
Yes, I have, one of the first entire albums I ever listened to from the 60s that wasn't by The Beatles. It's an awesome piece of art.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
This is weird to me. The Doors are one of my all time favorite if not THE favorite classic rock band. I think if you like Break on through you should like at least some of their other songs (like L.A. Woman, Riders on the Storm, The Changeling, Light my fire?? etc). Have you tried listening to whole albums? They have probably one of the tightest and most consistent discographies out there (much more so than The Beatles or the Stones for example).

Skip The Soft Parade (which really was strange with all the orchestral pop experimentation), everything else is great. Jim Morrison for me is one of the best classic rock vocalists. At least check out their last two albums, Morrison hotel and L.A. Woman.
LOL I hate Light My Fire very much. I have a strong feeling of hate towards that song and I don't really know why. I don't like Riders On The Storm and L. A. Woman. Never heard the Changeling.
I'm sorry, but there're only 2 songs by The Doors I can listen to, Break On Through and Hello, I Love You. I don't like accussing famous bands for plagiarising, but for me Hello I Love You sounds a bit too much like All Day And All Of The Night (a song that I love) by The Kinks.
I mean, I'm less likely to like The Doors than Mick Jagger's solo stuff. (I probably made 5 grammar mistakes in that sentence xD)
But anyway, maybe you're right by saying that I should listen to their albums, I think I'll first try with L. A. Woman.
Eleanor Rigby 14 is offline   Reply With Quote