Music Banter - View Single Post - Suggestions for a 14yr old rock fan pleeeease
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2021, 08:01 AM   #260 (permalink)
Eleanor Rigby 14
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
Glad you like it! It's pretty funky. Although I really like Light my Fire also. The full, 7 minute album version, which is basically 5 minutes of instrumental freak-out, bounded by a minute or so of admittedly simple tune/lyrics.

Did anyone mention MC5?

One of the best live albums of all time. I still can't believe this is from 1969. These people rocked hard. To be played at high volume!

Alright, thank you very much!! I'll listen to it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King

King Crimson is a band I've been longing to listen to for a very long time, but still I haven't, thanks for reminding me about them.
EDIT: Now that I've listened to the song you posted...Holy crap, I had been looking for this song for a very long time, didn't know the title or artist, but I remember it appeared on a TV advert and a radio programme a year ago or so. LOL!!! I'm so glad now I know which song it is. Thank you very much!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psy-Fi View Post

Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Déjà Vu (1970)

Here's another one featuring Neil Young (if you haven't already heard it) that you might like, since you liked 'Harvest' by Neil Young. He's also on the three albums that Buffalo Springfield released during their brief time together, so I recommend giving those a listen, as well.
No, I haven't listened to it but soon I will.
I've heard "Buffalo Springfield" (the 1966 album) and it was OK.

Last edited by Eleanor Rigby 14; 02-19-2021 at 08:23 AM.
Eleanor Rigby 14 is offline   Reply With Quote