Music Banter - View Single Post - Works that got you into classical?
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2021, 11:53 PM   #89 (permalink)
Nuclear Banana
Groupie

Hi this is my first post. I was 15 yrs old & was listening to the local University radio station. They played Beethovens Symphony#3 played by The Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra. Before that moment I had been an 80's metalhead kid. I realized instantly that Beethoven was the most amazing thing I had ever heard. I played It LOUD through my headphones. Then I heard Bach's Brandenburg Concerto #2 on the same radio station. I had always been told that classical music was boring and stodgy and only for really really old people for some reason. I realized I had been lied to. The tone of the orchestra, the complex musical structures that don't rely at all on drumsets or guitars , but was incredibly powerful in its own way. The way that classical music has musical architecture and beauty that you don't get even close to being able to express in metal or rock music. I was so enamored with it I decided that I was going to teach myself how to compose orchestral music. And fast forward 30 years, I'm still teaching myself.

Last edited by Nuclear Banana; 02-21-2021 at 04:19 PM.
Nuclear Banana is offline   Reply With Quote