Music Banter - View Single Post - Suggestions for a 14yr old rock fan pleeeease
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2021, 05:48 AM   #304 (permalink)
Eleanor Rigby 14
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I'm not a fan of ELP (Emerson Lake and Palmer) I have to admit; Neapolitan is your man there. If you like a mixture of rock and classical with some blues, then you may enjoy them. I believe a very high percentage of their music is instrumental, though I'm no expert on them, but I think that's how they rolled. As I go through the history of prog rock in my journal my opinion of them may change - I didn't hate their debut which I recently reviewed - but I don't think I would ever be a fan of theirs.

Delighted to hear you loved Out of the Blue - fantastic album and a real classic. For a slightly more modern ELO try these:

2 more albums and ELO will become one of the bands I'm gonna listen to the most this year lol
All 4 songs were sooo good. Twilight and Calling America were the best ones imo

P.S. Idk if I'm going crazy or something lol but i'm listening to "Femme Fatale" by the Velvet Underground VERY oftenly during these weeks. I'm not sure 'bout the rest of the album yet but that song is:
Now you may say that that's not true and that I should focus on the whole album bla bla bla but that's my way of enjoying it

Last edited by Eleanor Rigby 14; 02-22-2021 at 11:12 AM.
Eleanor Rigby 14 is offline   Reply With Quote