Music Banter - View Single Post - Why Listen to Music?
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2021, 08:45 AM   #30 (permalink)
GhostyTowno
Groupie

I listen to music because it brings me comfort. I treasure this blessing. I remember being a minuscule little baby in this orange ambient room and my parents were both heavily into music at the time. My father played electric keyboard and my mother played electric guitar. They both sang very passionately albeit clumsily. They made probably 20-something songs together during that brief period of dream which they would routinely practice while I crawled around in a hypnotic stupor. My parents said I never cried as a baby and I think this was the main reason. This was in the 90's. I just remember it sounding so beautiful. My mother's voice was enchanting and angelic, like a magical spell, and my father's voice was this booming, piercing arrow. As a listener good feelings wash over me with ease with all kinds of music, I'm not a picky listener, but as a performer it's more challenging unfortunately to withhold my perfectionism and get immersed into the act. When I'm performing with other people though I shed that judgment and find myself in a more natural flowing state.
GhostyTowno is offline   Reply With Quote