Music Banter - View Single Post - Law Enforcement in your area
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2021, 07:21 PM   #16 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Well actually, there is plenty of very flaming gay people around, lots of trans people also and as far as I can tell, the police generally leave you alone as long as you're not doing something outrageous like an orgy. Apart from the politically motivated ones, those are the only cases I've heard about of people being prosecuted for gay sex. There is a gay club in the center of town which is generally allowed to operate, but then every now and then (mostly before or right after the election) they make a raid and arrest a bunch of people (either trans or muslim) and then let them off with a misdemeanor or something.

I personally don't date since I have a partner and we are monogamous, but when I was in Dubai it was a little tricky since I had a paranoia that someone might use the dating apps to trap and blackmail you or that maybe even the police could use them to track down gay people (I haven't heard of that happening but it was going through my mind).

On the other hand when I was in the Middle east I saw that even in Iran and Saudi their dating (app) scenes are thriving so...gay people adapt. What can you do?

For me the biggest impact on my life is that I don't go around touching or kissing my partner in public. But I rarely do that in the west anyway, for fear of a violent homophobic attack. At least in Croatia. I'm less concerned in Spain.

And also I don't criticize the government, judicial system or police in any public way since freedom of speech is absolutely not guaranteed.

BUT ASIDE FROM THAT...

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote