Music Banter - View Single Post - HEY NOOBS! Want a band or song recommendation? Don't start a new thread-POST HERE!
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2021, 07:05 AM   #4271 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by ift View Post
As I am a noob and looking for song recommendations, I'll try in here first... James Plotkin 'Casual Murder' has been in my head lately, and I'm looking for songs with a similar vibe. I like the dark character, chaotic fullness, and blending of heavier and lighter themes. I tend to enjoy songs with alternation between intensity and a sweeter, melodic resolution eg Fugazi 'F-D' or Mannequin Pussy 'Romantic'

I'm not sure where or how I got the mp3 as I've done so much playlist swapping and downloading random things from blogs etc through the years, and when I looked around in Plotkin's catalogue, 'Casual Murder' seems to be outside of his typical output. I found it in my iTunes library arbitrarily looking around for music to make a playlist for a friend. Another track I'm not sure how I got originally that I'm loving from the playlist is Markus Nikolai 'No Need To Rush (Original Mix)', for another data point for recommendations.
Welcome to the forum!

Checked out the Plotkin album since I'm a big fan of Khanate and Death Rattle and you're right that it's pretty outside of what he usually does. Can't think of anything that sounds directly like it, but the title track from Casual Murder reminded me a bit of Fred Frith's Massacre.

Looks like you have pretty eclectic taste, so you'll probably get a lot out of what people are posting in the What Are You Listening To? threads.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote