Music Banter - View Single Post - The Discography Ranking Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-13-2021, 10:29 PM   #11 (permalink)
Tristan_Geoff
midnite roles around

I'll start with Swans

S

Great Annihilator - Absolute favorite Swans record and pretty high up my top 100, this album I feel like captures the sounds of both the earlier goth and industrial side of swans and the later post-rock and folk influences that they picked up, bringing an exceptional middle ground and some of the most chilling songs they've created as well as more experimental tracks

Children of God - This is the second Swans album I listened to, and while it may border on being a tier down in some moments I feel a very close attachment to this one in my early college years, the Jarboe tracks especially

The Glowing Man - I listened to this on mushrooms, enough said. Nevermind, it's Swans most ambient release, with tracks filtering in and out these timbres and instruments and hypnotic rhythms that give me increddy vibes

A

White Light from the Mouth of Infinity - A really good record, some of their best folkier material paired with absolutely beautiful tracks such as Love Will Save You that got stuck in my head for months with their melodies

Soundtracks for the Blind - I haven't listened to this one as much as some, but it's really good and Volcano is a banger

To Be Kind - Some tracks off this I keep coming back to a lot, but the length of it doesn't do it justice as much as The Glowing Man for me personally

The Seer - Same as above

B

Cop - Dun dun DUN dun dun DEEEEE *loud chants abt violence and religion*

Filth - This was the first Swans record I heard in an era of time I was heavily into sludge metal, and I considered this at the time one of the sludgiest things I had heard so far, still do too

Love of Life - My brother bought me this on vinyl and it's really good, She is incredible in particular

C

Holy Money - I didn't like this one as much, kinda got tired of the formula at this point and felt this release wasn't as strong. The EBM version of A Screw is really cool tho

The Burning World - Honestly don't hate this album at all, God Damn the Sun and their Blind Faith cover are really good in particular but this album just has a vibe I like as well

D

Greed - Oh I forgot about this record

My Father Will Guide Me Up a Rope to the Sky - Probably need to relisten to this one

Leaving Meaning - The krautier tracks were fine but kinda a dissapointment considering Ben Frost was on this record

Emo/Pop Punk Journal

Techno Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neward Thelman View Post
"SMOKE CRACK MUDA****KKA"

I'll check that dictionary, but in the meantime I'm impressed - as is everyone else in the world - by your eloquence, obvious accomplishments and success, and the evidence of your blazingly high intelligence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
He just doesn't have a mind so closed that it rivals Blockbuster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I own the mail
Tristan_Geoff is online now   Reply With Quote