Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2021, 03:47 PM   #78443 (permalink)
YorkeDaddy
silky smooth

So my younger brother (age 21) had been living with his girlfriend of a couple years. One night she gave him his phone while she ran to the bathroom because she plays mobile games and was in the middle of something apparently. During that a text popped up on her phone basically suggesting that she was in the middle of a conversation with somebody talking about the pros and cons of breaking up with my brother to date his best friend. I’m not sure the details on what happened next, I don’t know how my brother reacted in the immediate moment, but regardless his girlfriend did exactly that and dumped him for his best friend. They have 3 months left on an apartment lease. My brother was ****ing understandably devastated and didn’t want to be in that apartment anymore, so he packed up the stuff he could and moved in with me.

It’s a week later now. I found out a day or two after he moved in with me that he also quit his job at a warehouse in town in the middle of the resulting mental breakdown. Thankfully though he called the job back this week after he’d had some time and the job took him back. Overall he has not been doing well. I feel obligated to try and keep him busy instead of being alone and letting everything stew internally so I’ve been spending as much time with him as I reasonably can. It’s hard to know what the right advice or thing to do is in this kind of situation. When he told me on the phone what was going on and he started crying on the phone I think is the most difficult thing I’ve ever had to hear from someone I care about. But yeah crazy week, plus we’re moving in 3 weeks so a ****load of stuff involved there as well

9-Time Winner of MusicBanter's "Most Qualified to be a Moderator" Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
On this one your voice is kind of weird but really intense and awesome
YorkeDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote