Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2021, 02:53 PM   #78499 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Was my mom's birthday this weekend and her cat got killed a day or two before... She just got the damn thing like 6 months ago. Had to dig a hole and bury it for her. It was raining and gloomy as **** out. **** was depressing.

Then I went to the laundromat to do laundry and some bum came up to me and asked for a cig. We got to talking and he was telling me about this car wash him and a few other drunks run. They were there to wash their rags. No business in the rain. Said he was living in a tent in the woods. I asked him why not the shelter. Said they put him out for being an alcoholic. Same think that happened to me. I asked him if he ever thought of joining a program and trying to go sober. He just shook his head and said he'd been drinking since he was 12. Said his dad caught him stealing a beer from the fridge at that age and told him don't let me catch you sneaking again, of you want a beer just ask. Been drinking ever since. When he went to leave he hesitated for a moment and looked back. I thought he was gonna ask for money which I didn't even have cash. He asked to buy another cig instead. I gave him the pack. Felt depressed and desperate for some kind of human connection. It was one of those days when it feels like God just has a tricked up sense of humor.

Then my mom's neighbors came over and got drunk with her and helped cheer her up on her birthday. They are lesbians. They're pretty chill. When they move out I'm gonna try to take their apartment.
Have you considered communism?
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote