Music Banter - View Single Post - Vinyl Memories
Thread: Vinyl Memories
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2021, 03:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Monday View Post
the price hugely depends on the record and the state it's in
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
Most brand new reissues or new releases run about $20-$40 but lots of labels are going the "limited color run" route and releasing a bunch of limited edition stuff, usually on colored vinyl, and charging an arm and a leg. Then the resale after that is insane.

Vintage records vary by rarity and condition. I sell 15 records for $10 in my bargain room and I also sell single LPs for hundreds of dollars.
This is what I mean. Back in my day (yawn I know) you had prices for single albums, double albums and basically that was it. You'd pay more for limited stuff - a Japanese import or a picture or shaped disc - but other than that, all more or less the same price. Now it varies so much it seems a little insane. I bet there are records out there for major money that I could very well have here beside me on my shelf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianneW View Post
haha..Nope...we respected ours...(just made that up).. had to give up our comics when we first got a record player of this type..made a deal with our late Dad..so our comics paid for the instalments of whatever it was weekly...records we wanted to buy we earnt though doing choirs...
Ha ha! I had one of those, though the casing was red!