Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Youtubers Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2021, 04:33 AM   #406 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
No doubt that part of it was incompetence as well as natural factors and negative impacts collectivization had on the incentive structure that farmers operated under... But also on top of that they just continued to export grain even after it was abundantly clear they would starve people by doing so because industrialization took priority over everything including feeding the peasants who grew the crops. I'd say that was a fairly straight forward intentional act on the bolsheviks part. But even if you wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt richard wolff has the benefit of hindsight so he knows exactly what the consequences were and he still tries to sell this model as something we could look to in order to gauge the supposed efficiency of command economies.
Yeah I don't actually want to give them the benefit of the doubt but incompetence is just as important as disregard for human life. It's the story of Russia in general tbh. And I say that as a fan.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote