Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2021, 06:50 AM   #10366 (permalink)
DianneW
Music Addict

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
Welcome to MB, Dianne! Good to have another Londoner here. I was born&bred in SW London - I have been as far east as Peckham, Crystal Palace and Croydon, but turned back in fear after going so far from home!

Hi, Thelonious! I wonder if it's because of the weather; waiting to cross a road always takes longer when it's cold, wet or windy. That's a scientific fact.
2 Stretton Road, Croydon, Surrey. and the old house still looks similar on Google Earth but the inside has so improved when I saw it up for sale...Went to Davidson Road Infant School and they soon knew me... my nick name was WildCat no idea why, as was not a Cat and do not look so much like one either.
Croydon though a troublesome place now I understand, are the old George Street Almshouses still there as so many changes. I can see on Google Earth quite a few of the old buildings remain with the shops underneath...Some I can see have gone forever..shame on developers and such like..Quite the opposite in France we have old houses that look like they should be demolished and cleared away to start again.
Maybe its because I'm a Londoner, that I love London Town...
DianneW is offline   Reply With Quote