Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-31-2004, 12:34 PM   #253 (permalink)
IamAlejo
Muck Fusic

I'd love to see the American military go against the "far more intelligent" English military. Any idea on who would win?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franscar
Why do the Iraqi people have to tell this invading army ANYTHING? I'm sure if the coalition hadn't made such a complete and total mess of the entire thing that the majority of Iraqi people wouldn't be so openly hostile to the new dictatorship they are seeing forced upon them in place of the old one. The Iraqi people are about as liberated today as they were before the US decided to occupy the country, and the Iraqi people are not so stupid as to be blind to the real reasons why the Americans went in in the first place.
Sof if we are an invading army...why is it our right to care for the "innocent civilians"? We are at war with them right? And the real reasons? Let me guess you are going to go onto the oil speel. Why wouldn't we go into Saudi Arabia then? They have much more oil than Iraq. If you've noticed gas prices have gone up in the US, not down. The whole oil arguement is redundant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Frost
i never said i wasnt close minded as far as my beliefs, what i meant by that is that im not a typical liberal. i share some belifes that may suprise some people as a kerry (not bush) supporter. however, after listening to you babble, i have to say that i could pretty much nail your belief on every single subject. but, as i said before... i am done. if you want to further this little discussion, i would love to... on aim, or with a private discussion, but as far as this thread is concerned, it has went wayy off topic and im finished.
To sit there and say you could nail me on every single subject is a little ****y eh? I'd love to see you try. I'd love to see you explain Kerry's Senate record. I agree, Bush is not a "great" President, but to put someone into office that is even less qualified is slightly ridiculous.