Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2021, 07:10 PM   #10425 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

I don't know why; they're pretty straightforward.

1. What was the best gig you were ever at, and why?

Maybe Status Quo "End of the Road" tour (mid-to-late eighties) - I mean, we all knew they weren't breaking up, and say what you want about Quo but they know how to party.

2. And the worst?

Probably Hawkwind in The Hammersmith Odeon, 1984. Everyone but me seemed to be high (well it was Hawkwind) and the smell made me feel sick (I've always hated cannibis smoke) plus I knew hardly any of the songs. I only went because I was over for the weekend to see Marillion and Manowar and Hawkwind were the only other band I could be bothered seeing on the alternate day. Still have very little recollection of the gig at all.

3. Who have you never seen live, who you would wish to?

Genesis at their height, Tom Waits at any time.

4. What's the absolute max you would pay for a ticket, and to see whom?

I'm poor now and can't go to gigs at all, but I think the most I paid was like 120 Old Irish Pounds for my mother to see the Rat Pack (Sammi Davis Jr, Dean Martin and of course old Blue Eyes) as a surprise for her birthday. Worth every damn penny.

5. What do you generally buy at gigs, if anything (t-shirt, CD, poster etc)?

Used to buy t-shirts, maybe scarves, patches, badges

6. What is/was your favourite venue, and why?

Probably the National Stadium. Small and intimate.

Bonus question: What is your opinion of the use of holograms of dead stars at gigs?

I think it's the thin end of the wedge. I mean, it's great that people who never got to see like Elvis can do so now (in a way) but how long before concert promoters start telling stars they can use their holos for a lot less than paying them to perform? And, more importantly, how long before the Holo Death Revolution Humanity Cull? Eh? Eh? Yeah. Think about that one.

What's next? Holo audiences?

I should also say, I think it takes a little away from the memory of a dead rock star if you can just go and see him or her (or them) in concert even if they're dead. I mean, would you miss Bowie as much if you were queueing for tickets to see his (possibly homicidal) hologram?

Last edited by Trollheart; 05-17-2021 at 07:27 PM.
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote