Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2021, 12:20 PM   #78642 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
Seems?
I can't really know your thought process for certain so I used that qualifier.

Quote:
You just assume I'm insincere and that this invalidates my argument?
Yes. Because you aren't realistically criticizing the environmental impact of digital media you're posing as an alternative, I assume that you're using the environmental impact of traditional media to justify your opinion as opposed to informing it. Working backwards from opinion to fact often leads to ignoring relevant factors at hand. It's something we all do and is not as intentional as my phrasing makes it sound.

I will need to see your Official Environmental Appreciator License to be convinced otherwise. Logical consistency will also do.

Agreed on the nostalgia in music production and music in general at least. Reminds me of a Schoenberg quote on theory

Quote:
Such errors result whenever one merely searches out reasons enough to explain what is known, instead of providing a surplus of reasons to embrace cases that do not yet exist. Such errors result whenever one takes the known phenomena to be the only one there are, to be the ultimate and immutable manifestations of nature, and explains only these, instead of contemplating nature comprehensively in relation to our feelings and perceptions.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote