Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2021, 08:05 AM   #23834 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Since I posted last, I've seen a few films.

Death Becomes Her (1992) - Rewatched this as I hadn't seen it since the 90s. It's a supernatural comedy with Bruce Willis, Meryl Streep and Goldie Hawn. It's a little dark and pretty fun. Now that I'm well into my adult years, I find Goldie Hawn kinda hot when she has those dead eyes. I'm not a necrophile.

Sword of the stranger (2007) - Wanted to watch this because I read that it's kind of a spiritual successor to Ninja Scroll which I thought was the **** way back. There are some similarities, but it doesn't quite match the tone which was more sinister and stupidly masculine in ninja scroll. The movie is very well done, but drags a little outside of the fight scenes. The fights are good, though.

The Room (2003) - I felt like I've seen most of the room through clips on youtube and I've seen The Disaster Artist. However, I'd never watched the whole movie, start to finish. It is definitely worth it, so funny. The first 10 minutes or so rival the first 10 minutes of Hausu in terms of (mostly) unintentional comedy that just strikes gold over and over. It's great!