Music Banter - View Single Post - Coronavirus: COVID-19
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2021, 08:25 PM   #4082 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
It's possible for americans to be dumb dumbs yes. *gestures at forum* Their propaganda machine allows them some room for sloppiness though.

If you trust China's statistics, you have a solid gotcha there.
Good point. I don't trust China's statistics, I definitely think they've fudged the numbers. But I don't think they could fudge the numbers so greatly that it makes a difference to the point (I believe US intelligence would be able to tell at some point that they'd fudged the numbers beyond reason, and I don't trust US intelligence for much *cough* WMDs *cough* incubator babies *cough* Gulf of Tonkin). We could assume they've had ten times the amount of deaths (and they very well may have) and the point still stands. Personally, I think more Americans died than Chinese because we have more unhealthy and obese people than China does.

But yeah, propaganda is hard at work in both countries. They did it! Nuh-uh, you did it first!

It's tiring, and like I said, I don't think we'll ever know for sure.

If the CCP actually believed that the US introduced a virus to them for the sole purpose of destabilization, and many more have died than what they claim, don't you think their response is not proportional to the claim? And if they believed the US introduced a virus to them, wouldn't they inflate the numbers of deaths rather than deflating them?

Last edited by SGR; 05-29-2021 at 08:31 PM.
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote