Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2021, 09:33 AM   #10481 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

1. Who is/are your favourite director(s) (max 3)?

Kubrick because duh he's the master, Paul Thomas Anderson because everything he's done from There Will Be Blood onward has been impeccable (also just found out he has a new film coming out this fall), and David Lynch for reaching some unexpected higher emotional planes on Mulholland Drive and Inland Empire especially.

2. What's the worst sequel you've ever seen?

Not exactly a fall from grace, but Back to the Future II. I tend to avoid the obviously terrible sequels.

3. Who in the movie business do you think does not get the credit they deserve?

All of the people that come to mind are pretty well-known. Charlie Kaufman is among the best living writers, can't give that enough recognition.

4. What genre do you believe Hollywood has overdone at this point?

There's room to do anything well but it's hard for me to give a **** about superheroes. Invincible was pretty dope though.

5. What book would you like to see made into a movie?

Pedro Paramo and Confederacy of Dunces. Paramo would be really hard to pull off with its crazy narrative structure, Tom Ford's A Single Man makes me think he could do it well. Terry Gilliam doing Confederacy of Dunces would be amazing.

6. Name three of your favourite, and three of your least favourite movies?

Favourite: The Shining, Possession (1981), and A Single Man.
Least Favourite: Some of his early stuff is watchable, but I ****ing hate Tim Burton. His aim is to be quirky/bizarre but he winds up with the most trite focus-grouped movies I've ever seen. It's like when someone has to tell you how tough they are and it just outs their insecurity. The soundtracks are overbearing and irritating, he's carrying the torch of the transatlantic accent, and he's about as weird as an accountant who occasionally listens to Nine Inch Nails. **** outta here, Tim.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote