Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Workout Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 09:01 AM   #691 (permalink)
grindy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
Who do you watch? I like what Athlean-X puts out. Even if the Jessie **** gets old fast.
I used to watch Athlean-X and even rec'd him in this very thread but I don't any more.
His **** being clickbaity and gimmicky is obvious and not necessarily a huge issue, if you can see past it and ignore the worst of it but I think this focus on everything killing your gains, hundreds of unnecessary curls variations and working out abs all the time distracts one from building a proper, focused workout routine.
He's also not science based and not a strength coach. His advice isn't always the worst but some of it is really not good and at times dangerous, like the infamous advice to breathe out before squats. Also the whole fake weights thing, while not invalidating everything he says, makes him even less trustworthy.

If I had to recommend just one channel it'd be Renaissance Periodization. The amount of quality, in-depth information they put out is ****ing ridiculous. Other good channels in no particular order are Jeff Nippard, Sean Nalewanyj, Geoffrey Verity Schofield, Mountaindog, Alec Enkiri, Alan Thrall.

Last edited by grindy; 06-08-2021 at 09:11 AM.
grindy is offline   Reply With Quote