Music Banter - View Single Post - Planktons - What The Hell Am I Listening To?
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2021, 12:42 PM   #145 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Those look amazing! He definitely knows his way around a planer. lol Good stuff.

As for my expertise in the field, I just started doing a little bit of refurbishing of old furniture is all. Keeps me busy in between rounds of disc golf. I'm tackling a garbage bin for my next project.

How it started out. The bottom plank with the hinges kept falling off from shoddy materials/craftsmanship and also from not having any feet under it so it was sitting on the wood frame which includes the plank holding the hinges. Also, that green backer board is just tacked in place and I had to run a bead of caulk down each side to seal it up since there were some fairly large gaps.

Primed up the inside. The outside will be all white with some black accenting to match a piece thats already in place at my lady friends home.

The new feet are in place and the base plank is Gorilla Wood Glued in 3 separated places (top/mid/bot) and remounted. It'll be getting new black hinges and pull knob, then many coats of polyurethane after the white base coat. I'll post up a pic when it's all cured up.