Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2021, 08:09 PM   #23864 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Got HBO Max and have been going through their movies. Wouldn't mind any recs if y'all got em.

Battle of Algiers - A bit dated in ways but there's still a lot of powerful camerawork and overall it's very moving. **** France.

Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me - Been a while since I've seen this. Funnier (and darker, much darker) than the original run and makes me want to run the full circuit again.

Godzilla vs. Hedorah - Based environmental message and groovy tunes. Godzilla grooves to its theme and I can't blame em

Mishima - I don't usually go for biopics, but his story was interesting enough to be worth it and it paid off. The lead was great and the interweaving of his novels into the film was well executed.

Knives Out - Definitely a fun watch, not much more.

Burning - One of the best handlings of ambiguity in film that I've ever seen. A slow burn (huehuehuehuehue) but really pays off. The Dance of Great Hunger scene left me floored.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote