Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart Falls Into The Twilight Zone
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2021, 07:20 AM   #35 (permalink)
rubber soul
Call me Mustard

Okay, now for page two.

Time Enough At Last- I have to confess, I'm not a big fan of Burgess Meredith in the Twilight Zone. Oh, don't get me wrong, he's an excellent actor and he's done a lot more than the Penguin, obviously. And he's excellent here as well as in the other three TZs he starred in.

But I don't know. To me, with the exception of the Obsolete Man, his TZ's seem a little too light, even this one, while expertly written, seemed to trivialize a nuclear holocaust. Still a decent episode though (Rating:B)

Perchance To Dream- This is very psychological as the protagonist is subject to vivid nightmares that seem to foresee doom in his mind, thus he won't sleep.

You ask why Maya was trying to kill Hall. Perhaps she wasn't. Maybe he connected her with something and was the subject of his nightmares. I had a similar experience after a truamatic episode as a child. Anyway, not that great an episode in my book (Rating: B-)

Judgment Night- This is where Rod Serling goes into preachy territory a bit and, believe me, he gets much worse. Here, though, this is a great piece of Karma as we discover at the end that our Carl Lanser is doomed to the fate he enforced on the victims of the ship he sank. I like this episode a lot. It's always fun to see bad people get their comeuppance (rating: A)

And When the Sky Was Opened: I did mention this and Judgement Night earlier but I didn't go into what I thought about them. This one is intriguing as people forget about the astronauts one by one as if they never existed. Good performances, especially by Taylor and Hutton, who shakes in terror when he realizes his own fate. Solid episode, not one of my go to episodes, but solid (rating: B+)

Will do page three next time.
rubber soul is offline   Reply With Quote