Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart Falls Into The Twilight Zone
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2021, 06:56 AM   #36 (permalink)
rubber soul
Call me Mustard

Okay, the rest of my thoughts and you can have your journal back, Trolls

What You Need-Covered a bit in post 26. Loved the irony on this one. Ernest Truax as the peddler is excellent in this one. (Rating: A- )

The Four of Us Are Dying- I may have mentioned Ross Martin in particular in post 26. Basically, though, it's about a unscrupulous man who, with the gift of changing faces, can get what he wants, sometimes in a rather sinister way. Why do the voices change as well? Well, maybe when he changes into the face, he also changes into the voice and personality, just a thought (Rating: A)

Third From the Sun: I was really into this one, and I always like Fritz Weaver, until the twist when they say they are headed to planet Earth- who could have seen that one coming? (Rating: B+)

I Shot An Arrow Into the Air- Definitely a story about what happens when you run low on food and supplies and what one person will do to survive as long as he can. Solid story and really like the twist on this one where it turns out the astronauts never left Earth and our villain killed the other two for nothing. (Rating: B+)

The Hitchhiker- A rare occurance where the protagonist is actually a female. An Inger Stevens is quite good as Nan Adams, the beleagured traveler who keeps getting haunted by this hitchhiker who, as TZ fans know at the end, is, in fact, death. Chilling to be sure and a must for die hard TZ fans (Rating: A)

PS- Going my way?

The Fever: A weird one to be sure. Kind of a fan of Everett Sloane since Citizen Kane and I think he died a rather tragic death a few years later (Suicide from what I read). In this one he's a pious man with something stuck up his you know what who becomes obsessed with a slot machine. The best thing about this episode is the voice that sounds like rolling coins. Decent story, better sound affects (Rating: B)

The Last Flight: Interesting thesis. A coward of sorts leaves his flying partner in dire straits and ends up in the future. Love that he gets a chance to redeem himself and save his friend, but not really a favorite. Pretty average Zone in my opinion (Rating: B-)

The Purple Testament: Rod Serling, himself a World War II veteran, wrote a lot of Zones set in that war. This is one of his best. Dick York plays the afflicted protagonist and I have to say, he's a lot better here than he ever was in Bewitched. Another big name is William Reynolds who would later star in the FBI. Good visual effects which is something when you consider this is in black and white. A definite Twilight Zone classic (Rating: A+)

Elegy: And welcome to the world of Charles Beaumont, who I have to say, is my favorite Twilight Zone writer. Not for this one though. Maybe he was trying to get his feet wet first, I don't know. Don't get me wrong, it's a decent episode and I get that the caretaker had to turn the astronauts into wax figures. Still, Beaumont was going to do so much better. (Rating: B-)

And that's it. Post some more, Trolls, so I can throw more ratings at ya.

Last edited by rubber soul; 08-06-2021 at 07:02 AM.
rubber soul is offline   Reply With Quote