Music Banter - View Single Post - The Thread of Cancellation
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2021, 02:58 PM   #411 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
If you knew anything at all beyond the talking points pumped out by "leftist podcasters" and youtubers, you'd recognize that what I said was not a logic nerd move but one of the farthest things from that: the most basic Foucault 101 bit about the reversibility of power.
I believe there's only like 1 in 20 allegations of sexual assault that are false, and most of those are teenage girls caught having sex with their boyfriends, so while what you're saying is true in theory in the real world it almost never plays out like that. If there's an allegation it's probably true and if there's multiple that's basically game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
Yeah I dunno about that chief

but surely there's a point where the guy is allowed to work again, convicts are offered that much
Yeah but we're not just talking about letting him work. These allegations were by women who worked for him. We're talking about giving him potential power over more women trying to break into a hard to break into industry.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote