Music Banter - View Single Post - The Thread of Cancellation
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2021, 06:14 PM   #421 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
dunno i feel like with all the heat and attention he got from it he'd be really stupid to try that **** again lol. Part of what makes people do **** like that is the assumption that they can get away with it..
All of what makes them do **** like that is that they want to push personal boundaries to prove that they can. Maybe if he hadn't had that bit in his show where he's calling a woman a **** for talking during his set I wouldn't be so unwilling to give him a second chance. Maybe if his comeback had included addressing the issue I'd be willing to believe he'd given some thought to his behavior.

And maybe if he'd done that with his whole shtick being that he's a schlubby guy who's honest about how schlubby he is I wouldn't be so disinterested in more of his standup about how honest he is about being schlubby. Cause now I'm just gonna be thinking what a dishonest pussy he is.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote