Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums that turn 50 this year
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2021, 02:52 PM   #29 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanor Rigby 14 View Post

I had no idea people nowadays worship Nick Drake. But as I answered to the previous post, I think the guy was really able to do some nice stuff.
I only heard of him from this place, but I think he's one of those whose "music was only appreciated many years after his death" kind of thing. Almost every review you read mentions how he was an overlooked genius. Personally, I don't get it, but hell, I've been wrong so many times it's like they're considering putting a picture of me beside the word in the dictionary!
Quote:
Yeah, that's on my list. Acquiring the taste and Meddle are other prog rock albums I had planned to review. The thing is I thought you had already reviewed all prog rock albums ever released, so I wasn't sure whether to review them or not.
I have no monopoly nor copyright on prog album reviews. Better men and women before me have reviewed them better, and surely will do in the future. Perhaps you'll be one of them. You don't need my permission, but if you think somehow you do, you got it. I'll be very interested to hear your thoughts.