Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 05:04 AM   #79425 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis View Post
Lisna, it was a bit of gentle ribbing and you know it! The worst thing I called him was "uncle"...

I wonder if this miscommunication is due to me being a poor and lazy communicator or to your references and categories being limited to what you have picked up from the post-2016 "leftist" podcast boom. Seems like a bit of both...

I'm very familiar with and often impressed by various leftist analyses (and some right wing ones too). But between that and adopting the identity of a "leftist" there's a yawning chasm, which I don't remember crossing.

Why would I be a "disappointed leftist" if I've never bought in into Marxist teleology, for instance? My thing is to try to think critically and being a "leftist" seems like the opposite of that. Needing for some reason to show "solidarity" with a TV-addled uncle cause he's picking up some of the correct buzzwords? Yeah, sounds about "leftist".
So you're primarily a culture war chud who dresses it up with turgid pseudo-intellectualism?
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote