Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2021, 05:10 AM   #79426 (permalink)
rubber soul
Call me Mustard

To be honest, I'm not sure how to take Jadis myself. I had to take a swipe from him when I returned (I made a snide comment about Nena for encouraging people to ignore the Covid protocols) and he took a swipe at my generation per se. For a split second, I thought I was headed for another YorkeDaddy confrontation.

I do know that Troll has historically been vulnerable to personal attacks here, a couple that were way more personal than this to be fair to Jadis. Does he(Trollheart) show a little naivete when looking at American issues? Being an American myself (and just bordering the south), I'd have to say, yes. He may have seen George Floyd on TV in Ireland, but here, we're actually living it. And you can see the lines being drawn right in front of you.

But I also know him to be very well meaning. He's trying to understand what makes us Americans tick and why we have this inner need to hate. It isn't uniquely American, of course, and it isn't even uniquely white; we all have the ability to irrationally hate.

Anyway, I'm not sure who is a lefty or a righty (safe to say Anteater would be a Republican or Tory though?), and maybe it doesn't matter.
rubber soul is offline   Reply With Quote