Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 03:02 PM   #24689 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
What are you talking about?
Allow me to translate for you:

"Glad you found it of some use/fun" - she's happy we found her list of breweries/pubs to be amusing

"....can tell you about the History....some day.." - she's lived and she's lived thoroughly - as a result, she could tell us the histories of all of these breweries at some unspecified time in the future

"latest news Marks and Spencer are closing 11 Shops." - Marks and Spencer is a British retailer that is closing 11 shops (in France where Dianne lives, though she doesn't specify that this is where the closings are occuring - source: https://www.bbc.com/news/business-58582860) - apparently this also the latest news in France or that Dianne has read

"Stores down due to Brexit...." - apparently, the news is reporting that these stores are closing as a result of financial difficulties incurred by Brexit

"Pants I say...." - 'Pants' is british slang for "rubbish" or "nonsense". Whether Dianne is directing this light invective towards the explanation for the closures or rather simply the closures themselves is, so far, unclear
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote