Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wow I Can't Believe That News Story Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2021, 03:41 PM   #24756 (permalink)
rubber soul
Call me Mustard

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post

I really can't believe this news story. Apparently the American film industry needs help in solving this unsolvable problem of people getting killed by live rounds on set so I'm offering my advice for free:

Whenever you have to use a prop gun that may or may not be filled with live rounds, instead of simply using it and trusting that most probably it doesn't have live rounds, shoot it into something other than a human being to check first. Every single time.

There. Hundreds of lives saved.

You're welcome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exo View Post
Propmaster is in charge of such things. Essentially they hire a professional to make sure these things don't happen and occasionally they suck at their job so hard that somebody gets killed. The crazy part of the story is that the set was already made aware of a few incidents of mishandling and there were complaints that the set was unsafe but they just rolled with it anyway.

This may be a stupid question but why would they use a loaded gun on a movie set to begin with anyway?
rubber soul is offline   Reply With Quote