Music Banter - View Single Post - Missing Posters Bulletin Board
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2021, 04:55 PM   #7258 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Ant's like: "I just post into the ether with conveniently disruptive contrarianism in conversations before spending a great deal of time explaining the details of what I'm saying. What even are words? Words can't fully carry the weight of thought, cannot define a man to his core. What kind of ridiculous notion is it to say that words said in a way that consistently sends a particular message can have meaning when meaning is purely in the mind? Does human action not occur within the plane of what we experience? And if we cannot be allowed to experience all possibilities of what can occur in that plane, are we not robbed of our freedoms in a way that destroys the possibility for the mind to emerge? Surely you do not want to completely eliminate the human capability for thought, no?"

And he probably expects everyone to say: "wow no I want humans to think. Here's a lot of reasons why" then dance away from the starting point of the conversation like it never happened.

But instead everyone's like: nah bro you're still transphobic because of what you said lol
A certain somebody who tried to strawman me over the word "condition" doesn't strike me as particularly clever here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Crypto fascists talking about genetics being the final solution to the trans question sure makes me feel comfortable.
Dude, nobody's going to force you to become a woman to keep your job. Relax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
It doesn't necessarily have to be a biological condition, It seems psychological to me.

If you were gonna make specific claims like it's a genetic defect etc then that would be a strictly biological claim that would need to be substantiated using biology. But i see that as sorta irrelevant to the broader conversation anyway cause let's say it's caused by genetics or by hormones in the womb etc. Unless you had a way to somehow prevent that from happening before it did, that doesn't change anything.
Pretty sure it would be described as a physiological state of some kind. And you can't do anything about womb conditions. Assuming super tailored gene therapy is super affordable in the future, they'll probably check in to their local CVS and walk out as exactly what they want to be.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote