Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart's Album Discography Reviews: Tom Waits
View Single Post
Old 10-29-2021, 03:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBig3 View Post
No rating?
Sorry I was editing it - it kind of came in two parts. The rating is up now.
Quote:
This was absolutely one of his better ones. Invitation to the Blues will cut your heart out.

"Mercy mercy Mr. Percy, there ain't nothing back in Jersey, 'cept a broken down jalopy,
of a man I left behind." Put it on in a thunderstorm and you can summon your demons from every lost love.
Couldn't agree more. I think it made me cry the first time I heard it.
Quote:
Step right up, Pasties and a G-string, Piano has been drinking, One that got away. One absolute banger after another!
Hardly a bad track on it. Could maybe do without the closer and "The One That Got Away", but even so...
Quote:

It's amazing. A 9.6 though? Again, it's not a Top 3. There's no room at the top, man.
Meh, it has a lot of good memories for me. First time I heard him do his patois, and that really cemented my love for him. Not just a singer, but a raconteur too. It's a personal thing. Others might not rate it as high, but it's always going to have a dark, beer-soaked, sweaty corner in my heart that will forever be left ready for it whenever it wants to come and stay.