Music Banter - View Single Post - Donda donda donda
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2021, 08:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Tubeileh
doo doo water

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGR View Post
I would've loved to see what his sound would be like if he progressed with that industrial-electronic approach. That said, I quite enjoyed Life of Pablo as well, but it definitely felt a little bit more scattershot in comparison.

Admittedly, I'm more into '90s/'00s hip-hop than modern hip-hop in general, but boy am I glad hip-hop has, for the most part, left skits in the dustbin of history. I will never sing the praises of De La's debut because it cursed us with the skit (even without the skits, I'd still put it up there as one of the most overrated records in the hip-hop canon). Skits can be humorous or amusing the first few spins, but man, on repeat listens do they wear.
Yeah I hate skits. Don't really see the point.

Love the Life of Pablo. Probably my favorite kanye album (or at least solo project, greatest piece of music kanye ever released, as we all know, is KIDS SEE GHOSTS). Still pissed at him for never releasing it on vinyl. But even that album can have a few polishing touches, not complaining though.

Yeah, the yeezus phase was interesting. Really would have liked to see more of it. Maybe at least one more album, I think someone like kanye could pull some real cool stuff with it.
Tubeileh is offline   Reply With Quote