Music Banter - View Single Post - Talk about your instrument/gear!!!
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2021, 08:31 AM   #937 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

I couldn't let my PRS just sit under all the drywall and insulation, it means too much to me, so I dug through it all and rescued it. It's been cooked a bit but I'm gonna break it all down and see if I can restore it.

Where it was:

How I felt when I pulled it from the carnage:

You can see the pitting in the hardware from the heat. I may change those tuners out for some lockers, and the bridge needs some TLC. The frets will have to be either sanded or replaced as well. I'm thinking just a bit of fine grit will get rid of the slight pitting. It cooked a bit, but not enough to melt the truss cover, so thats a good sign. I haven't even checked the internals yet, but since they were down low to the ground, I'm guessing they're ok:

I gave these to my daughter, since I need to scale down my collection a bit. They need to air out, then a thorough dry micro-fiber wipe down:

My Carvin DC127 was saved since it was in the case in a closet. It still smells like a campfire:

The rest of my guits have been scattered across the local area to friends and neighbors. Early Xmas for my brethrens. I have to say, getting my PRS back, albeit in somewhat decent condition and not in pieces like my Dean Uke, was like a small ray of sunshine in this bleak scenario. I'm so glad I said **** it and decided to dig it out. It weighed on my mind heavily.