Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Music Banter Old Fogeys Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2021, 07:24 AM   #67 (permalink)
SGR
No Ice In My Bourbon

If there's one thing I'm absolutely sure of: it's that my TV is definitely not too smart. I've lived with these issues for over a year now because the volume is stuck at a decently okay level and I have ways to work around the issues. I kinda want it to just die and give my cheap ass a reason to replace it.

To add another wrinkle to the story of my wizened SmartTV - I have a friend who's had similar, but not identical issues with his SmartTVs. They weren't Samsungs - I know one was a Vizio but don't remember the other brand (some cheap Walmart brand, so that one was probably a given).

The ability to get software updates introduces at once the possibility to fix unexpected problems, but also the possibility to introduce entirely new ones. If I do end up getting another SmartTV, I'll probably either get a cheap Roku one (like you mentioned Bat), or I'll get an LG (I've heard good things about the brand).

If not, I'm sticking with a troglodyte TV that can display in 4K but can't connect to the internet.

Despite my reservations with these things, I do look forward to Smart toilets that, as soon I put the seat down to position myself to start pinching a loaf, will project an image on the wall in front of me and start playing whatever was queued up in my "Watch later" playlist on my Youtube account - that'll be the day. Plus, of course, it will have heated seats that will automatically adjust the temperature based on the estimated BMI of the person sitting on them to optimize efficiency in loosening up the bowels.

Last edited by SGR; 11-11-2021 at 07:30 AM.
SGR is offline   Reply With Quote