Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2021, 09:13 AM   #80014 (permalink)
Mucha na Dziko
Go ahead, Mr. Wendal

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
So is this a pro-Russian government, anti-Russian government, I mean just what is Poland right now?
You see, it’s all just mixed up and makes no sense.

The society in overall is very anti-russian. People here are really good at holding grudges against...well...someone who they identify as the „historical agresor”.

And the ruling party is very anti-russian, anti-german, anti-EU, anti-anything really. In words at least.
They are even against the people who made Poland turn from a Soviet Union Satelite state to the modern, democratic, capitalist one it is now (they call them „traitors”, and so on, even Lech Wałęsa, Peace Nobel Prize Winner, and leader of the movement that made the change happen).
At the same time their entire model of running the country is very soviet-era-like.
And their international policies make Poland go further away from the EU and much closer to the Russian sphere of interests.

It’s absurd really, and I don’t get how is it possible that they are winning elections time and time again.

The funny part is their electorate is like 60% people that are over 60 years old, and 70% of their electorate are people who never even entered a college (university).
So I guess they win on the resentement these people hold against „the establishement” and „the elites”.

Anyway, long story short:
They are anti-russian in words, and pro-russian in deeds.
Mucha na Dziko is offline   Reply With Quote