Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Discord Server
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2021, 11:27 AM   #213 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucha na Dziko View Post
First:
Racism much? Eastern christians don't act that much differently from the western ones.

Second:
I don't think that the Catholic Church has rituals in which you go into the middle of the wood, dress like druids and elves and burn stuff. In the Middle Ages? Maybe. Now? Um...nope

Third:
This ritual here is just like a simple spirit cleansing thing, with this weird aesthetic but around it.
All catholicism has to offer is being in fear of an entity which we can never. hope to understand. Their mainstream cleansing rituals are nothing more than "accepting there are greater things than you", if there is any idea still left in them. The Catholic Church isn't really an institution known for having original concepts and being true to their word.
I wasnt trying to offend you pal i just thought the eastern orthodox church is more ritualistic like the Catholic church is... As compared to protestants. I only mentioned it cause, while they don't have rituals that are quite as pagan, there is a lot of ritualistic and symbolic elements too attending a a Catholic church vs a lot of other churches where they act more normal and just talk about the Bible for an hour.

Those were my experiences anyway. I was brought up loosely Catholic but also I've gone to a methodist church for a little while and i was going to a black pentecostal church when i was in the program.

But yeah i did get some ritualistic and symbolic occult vibes from the Catholic Church. I noticed it more as an adult non believer than a kid going without thinking about it... But in retrospect my baptism was pretty occult like... We were all dressed in these austere brown robes and carried these candles through the parking lot to where this fountain was where they would dip you under in this freezing cold Jesus water... And it was night time so it was all by candle light lol.

But yeah maybe I'm being closed minded about it, it sounds to me like you think maybe they do believe in the ritual though. That's the thing... Id be interested in going if some ****ed up **** was gonna happen or at least if the people there actually believe in the ritual etc. If it's purely performative as wwwp said then i don't much see the appeal in that...
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote