Music Banter - View Single Post - MB Discord Server
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2021, 07:28 AM   #222 (permalink)
jwb
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mucha na Dziko View Post
Oh, I'm sorry. There was no offence taken, and neither did I think you meant one. I might be "Eastern European", but certainly not religious (in the christian way at least, I guess)

The racist thing was just supposed to be a joke...or something in the likes. I'm not very accustomed to the internet way of talking to people, so I'm sorry ou might've felt like I'm personally offended

You might call me interested in regions though, but in the same wa I'm interested in any form of human social behaviour and delusions

Protestantism started in Germany, a country I'd call rather eastern in ambience. But then again, that's just up to debate.

Actually most of the other-than-catholic churches started because the Catholic Church seemed so ritualised in the Middle Ages, and so people wanted to turn to the scripture, the ideas behind it and so on

I mean, I don't think they believe in this, as in a christian actually believing he's eating Christ's flesh ever Sunday, but more like in a performative ritual – with no religious/spiritual aspect, only a "personal" one (like getting rid of the negative emotions or something).

Me too, and that was my point
But what my point also was is that, if I attended such a gathering, I wish I wouldn't have felt like a reporter/journalist out there, but I'd actually feel something more spiritual – thanks to the surrounding, the chanting, the burning, and so on
i was thinking more of protestants in the US tbh i don't know what the churches are like in Europe

But yeah... Some people in the Catholic church still do literally claim to believe in transubstantiation. Once you bite the bullet on believing in God it's really not a stretch at all to believe in that sorta thing. But really its just a dogma of the church not necessarily even the only way to interpret the last supper but some Catholics still believe it nonetheless...
jwb is offline   Reply With Quote