Music Banter - View Single Post - The Divided States of America - where now?
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2021, 11:06 AM   #15 (permalink)
rubber soul
Call me Mustard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I just wondered if a) NATO agreements and pacts would constrain European and British allies to come to, say, Biden's aid against Trump (or Abbot, or DeSantis, or whoever) and if they did not, and Biden won (all assuming there is a war, which of course we all hope will not be the case) would he then look unfavourably on the countries that were supposed to help and did not? Conversely, if Trump (as it were) was victorious, would he then go after the countries that had helped Biden? I feel it's a real damned if you do, damned if you don't situation. And yeah, I'm aware Comrade Werewolf will be out on the prowl, waiting to take advantage of the chaos. Hey, at least I'll soon (in relative terms) be dead and I have no kids to leave behind. Every cloud, huh?

Yeah, that's how I kind of feel about it too. I would think that the NATO countries would be obligated to help whoever was in charge of the US in a war situation. After all, we (the US) went into Bosnia during that civil war. I think they'd admittedly be more willing to assist Biden or someone pro-democracy than some Trump-like autocrat, and yeah, it could backfire into a war on European land. It might be wise to just to stay out of the fray unless Canada ends up getting dragged into our mess.
rubber soul is offline   Reply With Quote