Music Banter - View Single Post - Joe Biden Love Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2021, 08:09 PM   #150 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
I have to question the wisdom of this as a plan. What message will your vote be sending? I support the Republicans in their bids to: -
(i) be led by a delusional conman and sexual predator
(ii) dismantle democracy
(iii) deny Americans the fundamental social safety nets enjoyed across Europe and other developed nations
(iv) ignore or lie about climate change
(v) legalise vigilanteism to erode abortion or whatever other civil right they don't like.

Yes, everyone is exasperated by the J Manchin deadlock, but with a 50/50 senate the Dems are in a real bind. In my opinion, that's not a reason to bail on them - on the contrary it means they need more support, just a little more push to get a real majority. All they need is a couple more senators, and J Manchin and Kyrsten Cinnamon Girl can go wrestle with their consciences in the privacy of their own bathrooms for all that anyone would care.
I guarantee you there are many more Democrats thankful that Manchin and Synema are willing to take the public relations hit. Many of them are being paid by the same interests and don't want to cross the corporations but are fine with pretending otherwise while there are just enough democrats holding up the vote.

The democrats don't need support. They need to be removed.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote