Music Banter - View Single Post - Architecture
Thread: Architecture
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2021, 10:59 AM   #502 (permalink)
DianneW
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post

Zaha Hadid is an architect with a huge international reputation. Good for her to have done so well (as an Iraqi woman) in a profession dominated by guys. She has been dubbed “The Queen of The Curve” because here and elsewhere, she has done for building materials what Salvador Dali did for watches: melted them.
Something between a Plane and BIG Fish in my mind....
That is certainly huge and impressive, not sure it would look good in my commune though..mostly Ancient...

This picture was not saved to anything but straight off the web page....
The view is almost the same today..A couple of the old houses have caravans in the gardens to live in whilst they are renovating there really cheap properties they purchased...Sauze Vaussis is 5 minutes from our commune..really it would be classed as a village these days.
The Street to the front right had at one time shops all along it..I arrived and there where none until you get to the far right corner, a Hairdressers and the other side there are several shops, then around to the main square Banks, Bars, Post Office and a Co-op shop that is not too bad for a stand alone shop with prices...Super U is further on and takes all the trade like super markets do in England..
DianneW is offline   Reply With Quote