Music Banter - View Single Post - Joe Biden Love Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2022, 07:40 AM   #202 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

I have to wonder about the headline of that story. It singles out Joe Biden, as if he should have been prescient enough to see through a scam that was deceiving everyone at the time and was only brought to justice fully 6 years later. The real story is surely the celebrities who invested in EH and lost big time:-

Quote:
Her wealthiest and most high profile victims include Rupert Murdoch, who lost $125m and the DeVos family - including Trump-era Education Secretary Betsy DeVos, who invested $100m.

Other notable figures who lost large amounts include former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger, who invested $3 million, ex-Defense Secretary Jim Mattis, who lost $85 million, and New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft, who invested $1 million.

Also duped was the Walton family, who own Walmart. They sunk a cool $150 million into Theranos.
That Biden was among many who took EH's claims at face value hardly justifies pulling his name out of the hat of hundreds who were deceived. He wasn't duped out of millions of dollars and to single him out for the headline is a blatant example of a newspaper article trying to bash Biden at any price, imo.
Shouldn't a headline focus on the most essential element of the story that follows? In this case, it would be "Fraud Scam Scams People Fraudulently!"
Now that's the way to sell newspapers.
__________________________________________________ ____

And today, the real headline for a Joe Biden Love Thread:-

His speech on Jan 6, 2022. Go Biden!