Music Banter - View Single Post - Architecture
Thread: Architecture
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2022, 08:16 AM   #505 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianneW View Post
Something between a Plane and BIG Fish in my mind....
Those images didn't occur to me, Dianne - I thought (right-hand side of building) of a woman in a headscarf. Most dramatic modern buildings get a nickname, don't they? In London they have "The Gerkin" and "The Walkie-Talkie". I'd say that it's a credit to Zaha Hadid's design that we can't decide what nickname to give it. Well done, ZH

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianneW View Post
Cannot remember if I done an item on Pigeonneir Houses
Pigeon Houses in France | Aussie in France
Some are quite elaborate.

This one is very close to Sauze Vaussais near to where I live...
That's a great building! Very unusual looking, even though the geometry isn't that complicated. I wonder if the guy who designed Mexico City's "Monument to the Revolution" visited your bird-house first:-

Frankly, of the two, I prefer the bird-house.
I also liked your photo of the bus, especially the pigeon on the guy's head! Strange concept, strange vehicle.
__________________________________________________ ____

Prompted by a conversation with Batlord about how attractive bare brick can be, I though about houses like this that you can often see in England:-

It's an object lesson in how to ruin a whole terrace of houses by not honouring the original material. The house owner clearly never absorbed the message of Bertrand Russell's comment on educating children: "You can't turn a cabbage into a rose, but you can turn it into a good cabbage."