Music Banter - View Single Post - The Saturday 6-Pack
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2022, 10:18 AM   #10746 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

1. What's your level of education?

In Ireland, we go Primary School (7 - 11 maybe) then Secondary (up to 18) and after that college. I never finished Secondary, left at 17 to go to work fulltime in an office, a job I held for almost 30 years.

2. In an office environment, do you/would you/did you prefer open plan or partitioned off space?

I appear to be one of the only ones who preferred the open-plan arrangement. I disliked being cut off from everyone else and the craic decreased exponentially. When you have to stand up and look over a partition to say "did you see the match last night" or whatever, you tend not to bother. Boo to partitions. What was it Obama, or someone, said? We need to be taking walls down, not building them? Not sure who it was, definitely not Trump.

3. What does the voicemail on your phone currently say?

I really can't recall. Something like my name and then "you know what to do". Must be something else though as someone who rang me complimented me on the humour of my message. Shrug.

4. What sound or smell evokes peace and relaxation for you?

Sound: falling rain, birdsong, church bells (those multiple ones like in Rome or in movies about Victorian London), the gentle screech of tyres as another robbed car streaks up the road.. wait, what?

Smells: Freshly baked bread, that winter smell of smoke and fire on the air, that smell after the rain

5. Headaches and mild pain in general: stick it out or pills immediately?

I almost never use tablets, so unless it's really bad I'll stick it out.

6a. (For Americans only) How close, if at all, did a protest or march come to where you live?

6b. What's the loudest sound in your home at night?

Hard to say, but if I had to choose it's probably the tread of the insane murderer coming up the stairs dragging that heavy double-headed axe...

And now, special FUN questions which make no sense!

1. Will there ever be a rainbow?

2. Who's that girl running around with you?

I think she wants to kill me...

3. How many roads must a man walk down before you can call him a man?

One, if he's a Protestant: the Falls Road.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falls_Road,_Belfast
4. Have you seen her?

I really need to get my eyes checked...

5. What shall we do with the drunken sailor?

Keelhaul him and rob his booze.

6. If a picture paints a thousand words why can't I paint you?

Because I'm out of art supplies and it's Sunday; all the shops are shut.

See ya next week!