Music Banter - View Single Post - The Dad Advice Thread
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2022, 05:17 AM   #85 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
Thanks WWWP ! I'm glad I could make you smile.

Very interesting photos, Plankton, plus your carefully worked out sketch. Of course, there's no way all those clean alignments could've happened without all the details being worked out first.
Some professional-quality woodworking going on in your garage! For some reason there is something especially satisfying in the way you split and notched the (blue) mid-rail to receive the white rails. - and of course your now-famous endcaps!!
Best deals in town!

lol

Thank you my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guybrush View Post
I'm nearly a complete novice when it comes to carpentry, woodworking and the like. I have some small projects behind me, like a shelf, built a carport with my dad (he drew it, I just sawed and lifted and put screws in things), made a ramp for the lawnmower, etc.

A couple of years ago, I bought a proper saw so I could make a shelf for my daughter's room. The room has a sloped ceiling so it's hard to fit furniture and making some means lots of angular cuts, hence the saw. I wanted a double sided bookshelf walling in a bed so that it's easy to reach books from the bed and you could place a lamp in it etc.

Here's a during and after.

I drew it myself and it's not fancy and even a little crooked, but all in all it's turned out to be a very useful piece of furniture that adds a lot to the room imo (and good luck to the next owners if they want to get rid of it).

The cross-cutting saw (I think you call it) which I bought for this is amazing. I can't quite understand how I got by without one for so many years. I definitely should have had it for the carport.
Thats an outstanding build GB! I love the flooring too and how it accents the angles and paint with some contrast.

Miter Saws are a great tool to have handy.