Music Banter - View Single Post - Pete Doherty Vs. The World
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2006, 02:37 PM   #28 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by LedZepStu
it pisses me off when people label him as talentless - because that is a load of bullshit. Yes, he's turned into a drugged up mess, i condone the use of drugs and my respect for him has dwindled dramatically because of it - he is a disgrace. yet he is in my opinion one of the best songwriters of the past 6 years. his lyrics-deep, witty and so very true. listen to "tell the king" or "death on the stairs". if he werent a junkie the public would idolise him by now and the libertines would be the biggest band in the country. its tragic because the two albums they released are superb - and the babyshambles album is just the aural equivalent of somebody ruined by drugs. if anyone needed a lesson in why to stay away from drugs then this is it.
His lyrics are hardly anything special, one of the best out of the past six years? Hell no, theres been much more talented songwriters around since then. Frank Turner (million dead), Jerry Jones (trophy scars), Geoff Rickly (thursday), also Drew Speziale and Kathy Coppola of Circle Takes The Square are writing some of the best lyrics i've ever seen. He certainly isn't that great, and is an okay songwriter at best. I wouldn't consider him a great at it, his lyrics aren't any better then many of the bands out today. Hes also a horrible vocalist.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote