Music Banter - View Single Post - What TV shows are people watching?
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2022, 07:54 AM   #6998 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

I only knew the basics about Andy Warhol, and like you Adidasss, I was expecting the Factory, the transvestites and Velvet Underground to be the main course meal of the series. It was interesting to discover that The Velvets especially were just a brief peripheral element in this guy's life. As you say, rubber soul, a very interesting man.

The actor who reads Andy's words does a great job of bringing him to life, as I imagine him to have been. I particularly enjoyed the trip to Coney Island, but also the later collab with the young graffiti artist. But most of all I like the message that slowly seeps into your soul from Andy's pages: that good or bad, life goes on. After a worrisome day, I find something very soothing about the deadpan recital, the tone of resigned acceptance, that Andy used for his diaries.

For more on AW, this movie isn't as sensationalised as the trailer suggests. Well worth watching if you haven't seen it already:-